The Latest... from the Highlander Band
- BBQ WITH THE BAND 2014, AUCTION, RAFFLE, and BLUE OUT Thanks to our wonderful corporate sponsors: Peggy Sue's BBQ, Miller Grass Company, Southern Botanical, Mack O. Forrester & Company, Allie Beth Allman & Associates, and Breeze Energy.
- NEW ORLEANS Spring Trip Have questions about the spring trip? Read the Parent Info Letter or contact Allen West at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 214.621.5164.
- MAGAZINE SALES DRIVE - We will be holding the optional fundraiser in November this year when the kids are not so busy. If you have magazine subscriptions to renew now, please consider ordering them online through our vendor to earn money for our Kilt Fund. It is very easy! If you have questions, contact Julie Forrester at email@example.com.The website is www.gaschoolstore.com and the Store ID is 2688810.
- MARCH-A-THON 5K - Donate via PayPal here. Congratulations on exceeding the First Annual March-a-Thon GOAL! As a result, Mr. Brumley followed through with his pledge to shave off his goatee!
- Calendar for Fall-Spring, 2014-15 See the updated (08.05.14) 2014-15 Band Calendar.
- Have receipts to turn in to the HBB treasurer? Print the reimbursement form here.
- CONGRATULATIONS - The Highlander Band had an AWESOME showing at the Preview of Champions Marching Competition in Mansfield on September 27th. The list of awards are as follows:
Outstanding Percussion, Class B ~ Outstanding Color Guard, Class B
Outstanding Musical Execution, Class B ~ Outstanding Visual Execution, Class B
1st Place in Class B during the preliminary round AND 4th Place in the finals!
- CONGRATULATIONS! Matthew West and Braden Wallace garnered impressive honors at the All-Region Jazz Band auditions, with Matthew earning 1st chair on drum set and Braden Wallace earning 2nd chair tenor trombone. Both students earned the opportunity to try out for the All-State Jazz Band. Congratulations to both for their outstanding work!
- Highlander Band Spiritwear - View Spiritwear Designs here.
- Photo Buttons - Individual photos were taken of everyone in the band and are available for purchase via the Scot Shop on-line. There are also section pictures there for purchase. Select the Highlander Band and scroll through the pictures to find the picture you want to purchase or use to make a photo button. More detailed instructions are here.
- Need a yard sign? Contact Natalie Lynn and Laurie Moore to order one of the fabulous Fighting Scot Highlander Band yard signs. Download the Band Yard Sign Order Form.
- Band 101 The Highlander Band would like to welcome all 9th grade students and parents to the high school band family! We've made Mr. Brumley's powerpoint presentation at Band 101 available for your reference.
- New to the Highlander Band family? Veteran band families have written a handbook for freshman parents and new students to answer your questions, some you didn't even know to ask! You may also submit your questions via the Contact Us page.
- All State Honors! Congratulations to Iva S. and Katelin A. for making the 2014 All State Band! Congrats to Kathryn D. for makingthe 2014 All State Choir!