- Marching Band Schedule for the Week of 9/15-9/19
Thursday - 6:45 AM-7:50 AM
Friday - Woodwinds, Brass, Guard - 6:45 AM-7:50 AND 4 PM-5:30 PM
Percussion - No rehearsal Friday morning, Rehearsal from 4 PM-6 PM that afternoon
- THERE IS NO GAME THIS FRIDAY
- Optional All-Region Sectionals and Jazz Band
Monday - 7 AM- Horns and clarinets
Tuesday - 3:45 PM- Jazz Band and tubas
Wednesday - 3:45 PM- Trumpets and flutes
Thursday - Tenor Trombones and Saxes
- HP FOOTBALL FAMILY TAILGATE SCHEDULE - We have been invited to participate at the HP Football away game tailgates along with all the other spirit groups that support the Scots. You can sign up for some or all tailgates NOW. DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 23rd! Catered by Eddie Deen! Sign up now for the tailgates you plan to attend!
Friday, September 26 - North Mesquite at Hanby Stadium
Friday, October 10 - Mesquite Horn at Hanby Stadium
Friday, October 24 - Mesquite at Hanby Stadium
Friday October 31 - Berkner at Wildcat Stadium
- NEW ORLEANS! - Spring Trip Agreement Due 9/30/201. Please complete and return page two of the attached Parent Info Letter to the Band Hall Safe by September 30. We will be traveling by deluxe coach and staying in deluxe accommodations. All your questions should be answered by a review of the Parent Info Letter. Please contact Allen West with any questions about the trip payment schedule.
- Magazine Sales Drive - We will be holding the optional fundraiser in November this year when the kids are not so busy. If you have magazine subscriptions to renew now, please consider ordering them online through our vendor to earn money for our Kilt Fund. It is very easy! If you have questions, contact Julie Forrester at email@example.com.The website is www.gaschoolstore.com and the Store ID is 2688810.
- GLAD FOR PLAID - Glad for Plaid Ambassadors needed. If you have children attending Hyer, Armstrong, Bradfield, MIS or HPMS and enjoy spreading goodwill without committing a large amount of time, please contact Catherine Lundberg.
- BBQ Order Turn In Day - You can find the Collection Day Report here. Download and fill out - the calculations will be made for you! Easy!
- Photo Buttons - Individual photos were taken of everyone in the band and are available for purchase via the Scot Shop on-line. There are also section pictures there for purchase. Select the Highlander Band and scroll through the pictures to find the picture you want to purchase or use to make a photo button. More detailed instructions are here.
- March-a-Thon 5K - Donate via PayPal here. Congratulations on exceeding the First Annual March-a-Thon GOAL! As a result, Mr. Brumley followed through with his pledge to shave off his goatee!
- BBQ with the Band 2014, Auction, Raffle, and Blue Out will be held on October 17th Thanks to our wonderful supporters like Peggy Sue's BBQ, and our t-shirt sponsors: Allie Beth Allman & Associates, Mack O. Forrester & Company, Miller Grass Company, and Southern Botanical.
- Calendar for Fall-Spring, 2014-15 See the updated (08.05.14) 2014-15 Band Calendar.
- Have receipts to turn in to the HBB treasurer? Print the reimbursement form here.
- Highlander Band Spiritwear - View Spiritwear Designs here.
- Need a yard sign? Contact Natalie Lynn and Laurie Moore to order one of the fabulous Fighting Scot Highlander Band yard signs. Download the Band Yard Sign Order Form.
- Band 101 The Highlander Band would like to welcome all 9th grade students and parents to the high school band family! We've made Mr. Brumley's powerpoint presentation at Band 101 available for your reference.
- New to the Highlander Band family? Veteran band families have written a handbook for freshman parents and new students to answer your questions, some you didn't even know to ask! You may also submit your questions via the Contact Us page.
- All State Honors! Congratulations to Iva S. and Katelin A. for making the 2014 All State Band! Congrats to Kathryn D. for makingthe 2014 All State Choir!