The Latest... from the Highlander Band
- BAND REGISTRATION IS JUNE 2ND All students and at least one parent are required to attend. Look your best students, Mr. Bradley will be there to take your individual band portraits used in the Scots Illustrated and spirit buttons! Registration forms can be found on the Forms page.
- INCOMING BAND FRESHMEN! There is a parent meeting prior to Band Registration on June 2nd at 6:00 p.m. All freshmen band parents need to attend.
- BAND KICK-OFF CAMP is almost here! June 3-5 are the dates. Check the Google calendar for times for your section.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Highland Park HS Wind Symphony for finishing 2nd place out of 17 at Saturday's Meyerson Festival!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the HP Winter Guard for their outstanding performance on Saturday at the NTCA Championships! Our HP Winter Guard had the highest score of all 54 guards in their class and brought home a GOLD medal! WAY TO GO GUARD!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Highland Park HS Symphonic Band for earning stright 1's at the UIL 6A contest in Duncanville.
- BBQ WITH THE BAND 2014, AUCTION, RAFFLE, and BLUE OUT Thanks to our wonderful corporate sponsors: Peggy Sue's BBQ, Miller Grass Company, Southern Botanical, Mack O. Forrester & Company, Allie Beth Allman & Associates, and Breeze Energy.
- MARCH-A-THON 5K - Donate via PayPal here.
- Have receipts to turn in to the HBB treasurer? Print the reimbursement form here.
- CONGRATULATIONS - The Highlander Band had an AWESOME showing at the Preview of Champions Marching Competition in Mansfield on September 27th. The list of awards are as follows:
Outstanding Percussion, Class B ~ Outstanding Color Guard, Class B
Outstanding Musical Execution, Class B ~ Outstanding Visual Execution, Class B
1st Place in Class B during the preliminary round AND 4th Place in the finals!
- CONGRATULATIONS! Matthew West and Braden Wallace garnered impressive honors at the All-Region Jazz Band auditions, with Matthew earning 1st chair on drum set and Braden Wallace earning 2nd chair tenor trombone. Both students earned the opportunity to try out for the All-State Jazz Band. Congratulations to both for their outstanding work!
- New to the Highlander Band family? Veteran band families have written a handbook for freshman parents and new students to answer your questions, some you didn't even know to ask! You may also submit your questions via the Contact Us page.