The Latest from the Highlander Band
- MARCH-A-THON Coming up on August 15. Click here for the March-a-Thon packet.
- NEW BAND MEMBERS New to the Highlander Band Family? Veteran band families have written a handbook for freshman parents and new students to answer your questions, some you didn't even know to ask! You may also submit your questions via the Contact Us page.
- 2015 BBQ WITH THE BAND AND BLUE OUT SPONSORS Thanks to our wonderful corporate sponsors who so graciously support the Highlander Band:
Allie Beth Allman & Associates, Burly Seal Products, Peggy Sue BBQ, Taco Bell Lemmon Avenue, and Wells Fargo
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Highland Park HS Wind Symphony for finishing 2nd place out of 17 at the Meyerson Festival!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the HP Winter Guard for their outstanding performance on Saturday at the NTCA Championships! Our HP Winter Guard had the highest score of all 54 guards in their class and brought home a GOLD medal! WAY TO GO GUARD!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Highland Park HS Symphonic Band for earning stright 1's at the UIL 6A contest in Duncanville.
- CONGRATULATIONS - The Highlander Band had an AWESOME showing at the Preview of Champions Marching Competition in Mansfield on September 27th. The list of awards are as follows:
Outstanding Percussion, Class B ~ Outstanding Color Guard, Class B
Outstanding Musical Execution, Class B ~ Outstanding Visual Execution, Class B
1st Place in Class B during the preliminary round AND 4th Place in the finals!
- CONGRATULATIONS! Matthew West and Braden Wallace garnered impressive honors at the All-Region Jazz Band auditions, with Matthew earning 1st chair on drum set and Braden Wallace earning 2nd chair tenor trombone. Both students earned the opportunity to try out for the All-State Jazz Band. Congratulations to both for their outstanding work!